Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Trying to focus

There are too many things I need to focus on.... rather than what my mind is currently focused on.

The mind and body work in strange ways... and I mean strange. Just when I think I know myself and what I want and why I do the things that I do, and then I confuse myself.

Ultimately, I think I think too much. What was the first clue? Haha.

So things I need to focus on: The work I must get done tonight... before my eyes uncontrollably close on me. I have two things to write, along with planning and some brainstorming to complete before I can cuddle with my pillow.

Also, I need to focus on how busy I am going to be starting next week. For those of you who don't know, I've decided to get a waitressing job (nights and weekends) here in Arizona for some extra loot. Hey, and maybe I'll meet some cool peeps or cute boys along the way?!

So orientation is this weekend and I start on Tuesday :). The place is Saddle Ranch Chop House at Westgate, right next to the hockey arena where the Coyotes play and the football stadium where the Cardinals play, so I am expecting it to be crazy! Not to mention, it's in an entertainment district where there are several other restaurants and clubs.. it's going to be hoppin'. Did I mention there's a mechanical bull?!! Hopefully on my break I can ride it ;)

Most importantly, I have to focus on getting ahead at work so I don't get behind when I start my second job.

Well, time to get some done tonight. I will leave you with a funny comedian that I love and a tribute to Bernie Mac and Issac Hayes.

Gabriel Iglesias - 102 MPH


Bernie Mac - Sex and Kids ( Oct. 5, 1957 - Aug. 9, 2008)


Issac Hayes - voice of Chef on South Park as well as American soul singer and songwriter (Aug. 20, 1942 - Aug. 10, 2008)

No comments: