Monday, October 26, 2009

Life's good






We went to Portland on Saturday and hung out with Deramo! It was a lot of fun! Deramo toured us around Portland, we took the max a couple times, experienced the Saturday market, saw a lot of bums but still felt safe, walked our butts off.... I got my picture taken with a guy playing the guitar with his stubb.. (we gave him $1).. and he stopped and posed :) haha... Some random (who was perhaps a good suiter for my mother) asked us outside the bar where a good
place to smoke a bowl was.. haha.. (I have to admit, at first I thought he was a cop - per usual Detroit thinking. Then I realized that he was just another being looking to smoke a bowl in peace during his smoke break outside the bar.) People are friendly. Although, you might rethink that statement if you were us standing outside the bar when mobs of zombies rolled in. There were tons of them. Larry said it was like 28 Weeks Later coming to life... haha. They were coming from all over. We went inside the bar and they were acting like they were biting each other. Then Thriller came on. I felt like I was in the music video (imagine hand movements now). Turns out, people were having a Zombie walk or something and they all met up at bars and went out together. This blew my mind for a second. All these years, for Halloween, I never thought to rally my friends, us all be sexy zombies, and work on taking over the scene. (like sexy 28 Weeks Later.... haha)

All in all, we had a lot of fun. I definitely want to do it again soon. It was nice to feel a real downtown again, which I can't say I ever really felt in Arizona. Much love Detroit :)

There were a few times during the weekend that I thought about writing letters to places but now that I'm here, I can't think of them. Grr. I can say that I wish people would serve Pepsi and that's it. I'll drink Coke but I prefer Pepsi. It seems every where I go and ask for a Pepsi, they serve Coke, or vice versa. Only one place I got it right and that's Wild River Brewing Co. because they have both. Talk about having options :) Until next time.

No comments: